Kia Ora, Talofa, Hola, Hallo, Kon'nichiwa, Nǐ hǎo, Hailo, and Hello
Welcome to our kura, Levin North School, an educational environment where a holistic approach is celebrated, our learners have the freedom to be authentically themselves, and identity is a growing and dynamic aspect of each child.
At our school everyone is a learner and everyone is a teacher.
We have a positive, caring and inclusive culture and a strong focus on building strong relationships with children and their families. We also focus on children’s wellbeing; we are educating people to be people!
Our core values are manaakitanga (kindness/caring), whanaungatanga (family-like relationships) and manawanuitanga (being persistent). These underpin everything we do.
We focus on helping each and every child to:
- talk confidently about how they learn and understand what best helps them with their learning
- be highly motivated and act in ways to enhance their own learning
- know how to work effectively with others and independently
- see themselves as learners and teachers, and frequently share their expertise and ideas with each other.
- be the best people they can be- whatever that looks like.
The environment for our learners is also hugely important hence we provide a wide variety of opportunities, resources and spaces that are available to explore. Children have the opportunity to learn a range musical instruments, play a huge range of sports, experiment with science, be leaders in our school, care for our environment and generally have fun while learning.
Mā te huruhuru ka rere te manu
Principal: Levin North School
Phone: 06-368 4436 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org