Kia Ora, Talofa, Hola, Hallo, Kon'nichiwa, Nǐ hǎo, Hailo, and Hello
Welcome to our kura, Levin North School, a school where a holistic approach is celebrated, our learners have the freedom to be authentically themselves, and identity is a growing and dynamic aspect of each child.
At our school everyone is a learner and everyone is a teacher.
We have a positive, caring and inclusive culture and a strong focus on building strong relationships with children and their families. We also focus on children’s wellbeing and kids being kids; we are educating people to be people!
Our core values are manaakitanga (kindness/caring), whanaungatanga (family-like relationships) and manawanuitanga (never giving up). These underpin everything we do.
We focus on helping each and every child to:
- talk confidently about how they learn and understand what best helps them with their learning
- be highly motivated and act in ways to enhance their own learning
- know how to be kind and relate others
- see themselves as learners and teachers, and frequently share their expertise and ideas with each other.
- be the best people they can be- whatever that looks like.
The environment for our learners is also hugely important hence we provide a wide variety of opportunities, resources and spaces that are available to explore. Children have the opportunity to learn a range musical instruments, play a huge range of sports, experiment with science, be leaders in our school, care for our environment and generally have fun while learning.
Mā te huruhuru ka rere te manu
Adorn the bird with feathers so it may soar.
Principal: Levin North School
Phone: 06-368 4436 / Email: email@example.com